Thomas made Johnny and me a three course dinner. The third course... what looked like a fruit tart-y thing didn't quite come out right (I don't think we had the right pan...) but the other two dishes were DIVINE!!!!!!!
Official Name: Toasted Ciabatta with tomatoes, cheese, and marjoram flowers

"A special noodle that they only had one type of," asparagus and veal
Official Name: Escalopes of Veal with Cream Sauce with tagliatelle noodles and asparagus
For the record, the veal was quite possibly one of the most amazing and delicious things I've ever eaten. Until halfway through the meal when Thomas told me it was veal. Then it was still amazing and delicious... but I felt so guilty while eating it!
Anyway... when he was making this meal... there was one point where Johnny and I were PRETTY sure we smelled something burning... something... not-food-y. But Johnny turned to me, cocked his head to one side and made the "you too?" face. I just shook my head and mouthed "Just don't ask..." because... I knew he was working so hard on making us this dinner, I didn't want to give him a hard time about ANYTHING. (My brothers and sisters should be particularly proud of me for keeping my mouth shut while smelling burning fibers!)

Anyway, the food was, as I said before, DIVINE... but as you can see... there was a kitchen casualty...

I was talking to Johnny in the kitchen when I first noticed it. Johnny pulled a Man-Behind-The-Curtain and turned it around when I saw it and asked "What is that?" He just shook his head and said, "Ignore that, that's nothing."

Proud of the three amigos...lol
ReplyDeleteLooks good, Thomas!! And good job to you too, Mel ;) Your kitchen casualty is nothing compared to some we've had over the years!
ReplyDelete