Sunday, August 7, 2011

Will You Split Your Soul With Me?

July 14th/15th - So... Thomas and I have been joking since Half Blood Prince came out that we were going to get engaged the night of the release of the last Harry Potter film (this was before we knew there was a Part 2... but the fact remains the same). Of course, timing didn't work out quite the way we wanted it to so we both knew it wasn't going to happen.

Of course, me being me, I just kept telling Thomas how I was looking forward getting engaged after the movie. I sent Lisa an e-mail and this is what it said:
The joke is that Thomas is supposed to propose to me after the last HP.

Is there a cute non shitty way I can semi-propose to HIM? He's too perfect it makes my stomach sick.
She called me later that day asking, "Isn't there a ring that's a Horcrux in Harry Potter?" And it absolutely clicked. I replied emphatically, "YES!" And Lisa said, "You should ask him, 'Thomas, will you split your soul with me?'"

Anyway, even though it was a joke, I was kind of nervous all night about it. But I did it and he was surprised and it was pretty funny. :)

He said YES!

P.S. Thomas and I watched Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2... FOUR TIMES in the first week!

No comments:

Post a Comment