Monday, August 8, 2011

My Will Gets Weak and My Thoughts Seem to Scatter

Today, I've had a couple song lyrics come to mind:

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I figured out, I have to learn again." -- Don Henley (or India Arie), "Heart of the Matter"

and

"[T]he decades disappear like sinking ships, but we persevere. God gives us hope, but we still fear what we don't know." -- The Killers, "A Dustland Fairytale"

I hate to be cryptic, but at the moment I don't know what all can/should be said. Suffice it to say that I've come across an event in my life that has suddenly and unexpectedly shaken me to my core. To be honest, I feel silly. I feel naive. I feel like I'm too old (or at least far enough past my formative years) to let something like this so heavily influence and change things I so strongly believe(d) in. Steven claims this just shows I'm human. More later

2 comments:

  1. You are very mature to be able to address that it affects you deeply. Don't say you are silly. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asking questions is never silly.

    Analyzing your heart shows growth.

    If you never doubt, never question, never stumble- how will you get answers?

    ReplyDelete