Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I Hate Flash! Like, A Lot!

So a web design master friend of mine told me that websites just shouldn't use flash anymore, now with the advent of the iphone and other mobile web devices, flash just isn't practical. I loathe trying to look at website and finding that it's in flash and I therefore cannot view it on my iphone.

Now, even though I'm on a badass new imac (courtesy of my boss) that supports flash, I still get annoyed when I come across a flash-infested website. Yes, infested. That is how I feel about it. I have already always hated flash. Mainly because I'm a highlighter. I compulsively highlight as I read online and I can't normally do that with flash enabled text. For example, as I re-read what I just wrote to make sure it made sense... I highlighted. That's for a whole other post completely.

Anyway. For all you future web designers out there. Please. MAKE IT STOP!

1 comment:

  1. I agree. It's also slow, crashes often and there's too many updates to keep up with. Your web design master friend is right! Or was that me that said that?

    ReplyDelete