Saturday, January 16, 2010

Wine (& more) Night at Josh's

Yesterday, I ate a banana.  Then they brought us breakfast so I had half a bagel with garden veggie spread.  Then I had part of a chicken enchilada casserole and some salad.  I wasn't left hungry.  I ate part of a brownie as well.

I went to the gym.  I spend an hour there.  I didn't even mean to stay there that long, but I did.  Simply because I haaaad to finish my chapter.  Finally I got home, but it was already 7:20 and I told JJ we'd get there around 7:30, so I had to get changed and we had to leave asap!

We eventually got there.  JJ, Buddy & Danielle were already there (and of course Josh who was there, since he was hosting it).  Buddy left almost immediately (much to the dismay of Danielle... who, by the way, still has Buddy's check for ransom).  I met Kelly, Brooks's girlfriend, and she was (other than just LC's twin) adorable.  I had two very very tiny glasses of wine.  Super super tiny.  I did get somewhere between buzzed and tipsy (read: HAPPY!)  LC came eventually and then Josh's neighbors came and I'm pretty sure I stood and drunkenly spoke for awhile to Tatiana, an older (late 20s/early 30s) woman about travel, The Wire, and life while dating someone in the army.

I talked to Will (Pinky's friend) for awhile, about how he grew up in Colorado, about snow, about the difference between the geographical shape of Colorado vs. Wyoming.  I also sat and chatted with Joey for awhile--that was pretty fun.  I can't really remember anything about it.  I usually remember EVERYTHING.  But anyway, at some point I realized that Johnny was not inside the apartment, and I realized what could possibly be happening outside.  I said something to Josh and he invited me out onto the balcony.  What happened next was nothing short of amazing.  I was giddy.  I was excited.  Everything Johnny and Thomas said to each other cracked me the eff up.  I remembered laughing to the point of having to rub my cheeks because they hurt so much.  Johnny kept talking about my kidney bursting.  Finally at some point, I sat down next to Pinky and suddenly (while playing with the plastic that ringed the top of the asparagus jars) I realized, "Shit.  I am fucked up."  FUCKED UP.  I went to the restroom and splashed some water on my face.  I realized that I was dead tired.  I came out, sat for a bit more, tried to explain to Daniel Pinkston that there was NO WAY I was going downtown.  

I finally texted Thomas something along the lines of "We need to leave."  I felt bad, cause I could tell Johnny wasn't quite ready to go.  But I was not about to be the girl that passed out at a party at 11.  So we left.  I laid across the backseat while Thomas and Johnny chatted about Katrina, The Wire & BSG.  I threw in my witticisms, but only in my head.  The only thing that came out of me were groans and then the, "OH MY GOD CAN WE FUCKING GET OUT OF THIS CAR?!"  I threw up my way to my apartment from the car... what did I throw up?  Texas shaped pretzels.  That was literally it.  Somehow Thomas got me upstairs and I literally passed the FUCK out on my bed.

So my lesson?  Get some more of that shit from the balcony for more good times.  Make sure you had more than 4 hours of sleep the night before.  Eat more.  Eat more.  Eat more.  (Before, not after.)  At least I'm not hungover.  :)

[Edit: 01/17/10 - Thomas and I were talking and I mentioned how it was my fault I had gotten sick because I didn't eat anything.  I mean, even when I threw up, it wasn't a whole lot that came out... but then I got mad cause it was a waste of a perfectly good throw up.  Ugh.]

No comments:

Post a Comment