Roasted asparagus with lemon vinaigrette : FUCKING AWESOME. :) Lisa and Mike make really good roasted asparagus, and I effing love it... so I figured I'd try it tonight. The lemon vinaigrette was also good, and pretty easy to make. I was supposed to drizzle the vinaigrette over the asparagus, but I liked it so much by itself (just tossed in olive oil with kosher salt and pepper--a liberal amount as instructed) that Johnny and I just dipped it. Johnny said he liked the vinaigrette.
Cheesy garlic bread: Meh. I wanted to get real garlic bread from the bakery at HEB, but couldn't find it and didn't care enough to scour for it. So, I just used what we had in the freezer (my favorite garlic bread anyway), put some mozzarella on it, and seasoning. I think it was alright, but nothing crazy awesome. Next time I think I'll try to make it from scratch and have garlic slices it... cause one guy that caters at work sometimes (Randy refers to him as "Chef Jeff") made it that way and it was delish.
Anyway, overall, I think it was fairly good--for a first attempt at a completely new dinner. I'm thinking one a week? We'll see though. My bank account is mad at me. Why does cheap food have to be so unhealthy for you?
No comments:
Post a Comment