Sunday, January 24, 2010

Only Thing That Could've Made This Weekend Better Is MORE KE$HA! :)

This weekend was definitely a good weekend! :) Let us have a nice recap!

Friday:

After work, I went to work out. I had to make sure I had at least a Pria bar with me before I went, cause I knew I was going to do at least some minimal drinking that night and I didn't want a repeat of last weekend! Afterwards I met up an old friend/TA from history named Kevin. He was Maggie and my TA the fall of our sophomore year (Fall '05) and I saw him all the time the next semester outside of my history class. He lives down on the east side of town, so he picked Rio Rita for us to go hang out at. It was a pretty neat place, reminds me of some Houston-ish places I've been to in the Montrose-y area. I think. Anyway, we sat there for maybe 3 1/2 hours or so just talking. It seems like it was mostly me talking and him making judgments about me. I still had a good time though. It was interesting to see/hear myself through someone else's eyes, someone who doesn't really know me all that well. It kind of bothered me when he was trying to tell me things about Catholicism (like how I supposedly only need to go to the Holy Days of Obligation, and NOT every Sunday). If there's one thing I've learned at Bible School, it's that I'm supposed to go to church every Sunday. Pretty much. Anyway. After some textual correspondence with Buddy, he, LC, Mr. Matt and (eventually) Danielle ended up meeting me over at Rio Rita and we continued to hang out there until about 12:45 or so? So yeah, I was there for 6 hours straight. Only had to pee twice (TMI?)

Saturday:

Woke up and made some breakfast (rice & eggs--same thing I ate the night before after Rio Rita) and then went to Trudy's to meet up Buds, Mr. & Danielle. LC met us there at the tail end of it and we went to play Volleyball at Zilker Park. Unfortunately, eeryone in Austin had the same idea. So we decided to go to Pease park where we had seen two open courts on our way to Zilker. By the time we parked and forded the river (almost losing Johnny to dysentery), the courts were all taken. We formed a circle and bounced the ball around. JJ & Maggie met us up there too so our group was a pretty decent size. We entertained ourselves for quite awhile... the people on the court we were waiting on asked us if we wanted to play against each other... LC told them that we were leaving soon. So we ended up kind of having to leave soon, since they seemed content to keep playing. We went to the little jungle gym, played on the swings and sat around balancing ourselves on bars. We ended up at Third Base to watch the Texas UConn game. They lost. Bleh. Johnny and I went home and took naps. I eventually talked Johnny into going downtown. Originally I was going to meet up Kayla & Kristi to see some cover band downtown, but... Kristi wasn't feeling well and I didn't really feel like being a third wheel with Kayla & Richard. So, we got downtown at 11. Buddy & Mr. joined us at the Library and we sat around and waited for the kidz to show up. Then when some of them finally did, we still had to wait for Hannah, the 21 yr old to finally show up. It kind of took forever. Anyway, typical downtowning happened. We went to Malaia and met up with LC and we danced for awhile there. There were some interesting guys who were apparently Australians who thought cowboy hats were in the fashion of the times. I'm pretty sure "Douchebags" were the first words that came to mind with them. Anyway, we left and met the kids and went to Barcelona where we partied like we were in college. I believe our first cheeres of the night was to college. :) WOOHOO COLLEGE! I was accosted by a gentlemen at Barcelona who kept asking me to please give him one dance. Had he just started dancing, I was in the mood enough to allow him to continue, but... the fact that he asked first and I was given the opportunity to refuse, led me to... refuse. Mr. claims that I had it taken care of, but he came in to seal the deal and make the guy walk. :) Exact reason why I love going with my boys. 2 am rolled around, the lights came on and... so did "Footloose" ...!!! The last couple times it's come on in the company of LHS, I, like Johnny, sat out and decided it wasn't for me. This time though, with the memory of performing exciting my brain, I joined in on the dancing. It was fun! Ugh, I miss it. Even though by the end of my senior year I effing haaaaated doing that song. The best part of the night had still yet to come! We were waiting outside Barcelona, I was looking for Erica and instead we ran into Suzy! And then Suzy told us that she couldn't find her boyfriend OR RACHEL! AHH! So then I helped her find Rachel, who was SMASHED. Rachel smashed is AWESOME! :) She kept telling us how much she loves us and misses us and loves us and misses us! She's having another dance party the last weekend of February so it should be fun! COLLEGE STATION WOO! THEN WE MET UP ERICA AND AMANDA! Is it sad that usually my favorite part of DT is the street talking at the end of the night? :)

Sunday:

Woke up. Ate. Went back to sleep. Woke up again at like 2. Then napped a little while watching Lost in Austen. Then I went to the gym. Then to the grocery store to get food. Then church. Church was funny today cause I kept thinking of my mom. The priest was talking about how at the Jewish Temple, while Jesus was reading to the people there, the people had their heads down facing the ground. The priest mentioned that he wished that was the case for us, because then everyone could concentrate and not be distracted by things. My mom used to always yell at me if I wasn't looking right at the priest while he was talking. Then the priest mentioned how when he was little, if he or his siblings weren't paying attention, his mom would pinch them. MY mom would give us the knuckle to the head. I shared all this with my mom and she thought it was hilarious. She also called me back after we got off the phone to tell me that when I was little, if I didn't pay attention at church she'd punish me by forcing me into the garage and then beating me on the butt with some sort of stick. She was laughing while telling me this. She was proud of this. She cray cray. Anyway, then I went home and cooked. Now we're watching Superbad on tv. :) Yay fun! And this blog has now come to an end.

Finally. :) Good weekend :)


In the words of Rachel, "best run in ever/way to end the night."*


*Minus, of course, my triple chin due to my gluttonous behavior at Third Base!

1 comment: