Sunday, January 10, 2010

Weekend in Waco

Thomas has officially moved to Waco to start his schooling tomorrow! I spent the weekend there with him since Firday afternoon and it wasn't so bad. There's not a ton to do while you're there, but... all I really wanted to do while I was there was to hang out with Thomas, try to make him feel at home in his new apartment--his new town, and also to read the entirety of The Lovely Bones.

I think we successfully did all three of these things. I got in Friday night, we watched Bridget Jones's Diary (he watched mostly, and I read). The next morning, we slept in for quite awhile and then we headed to the Baylor Bookstore for him to buy his books. It took awhile, but we got it done eventually. Quick lunch, more reading and naps. Eventually, after nursing my headache with some aleve, we went to Walmart. Picked up some things, went to HEB and picked up some more things, and then we got home to make a delicious dinner. He worked on the entree--Mexican chicken and rice casserole, and I did the sides, my asparagus with the lemon vinaigrette from the other day and then a new one LC sent me, lemon garlic potatoes.

While we cooked we watched the second seasons of 30 Rock. While we ate, we watched Gosford Park. Hmm, at some point we watched When Harry Met Sally. This morning, I woke up and we read. He watched Willow and I continued to read some more. Eventually I finished and we watched one more 30 Rock before it was time for me to leave.

Umm, apparently I drool--and a LOT. This is a new development, as I've never noticed droll on my pillow or anything before. This weekend, however, I woke up in my own man-made lake. It was kind of gross, but Thomas thought it was funny. Oh well! Thomas is much closer to me now, so we should be spending our days together more often than these past 4 months. :)

More weekends in Waco will be in our future... for better or for worse! Haha

01/03/09 - 01/09/09 Totals:
Days of the week spent exercising: 5/7
Minutes spent exercising: 279 (69 over my 210 goal!)
Calories burned: 2,507
Weight: +20.6 (-1.9 from last week!)

1 comment: