Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Warrior Dash 2011!

11/19 - A couple of months ago my cousins and some of our friends (i.e., David's friends) started talking about doing the Central Texas (read: right outside of Austin) Warrior Dash.  If you're not sure what that is, click here.

The guys took it (just slightly) more seriously than the girls (i.e., Melynda and myself).  She and I (for the most part) took the entire thing at a pretty leisurely pace.  Definitely post-any mud in our shoes (read like: "mud in your tires") we were NOT planning on picking up the pace... the squishy feeling between my toes still makes me exhausted just to think about it.

Anyway, here's some before & after shots:

Thomas, Donson, Thu, Jon, Jimmy, me & Melynda pre-race

Donson, Melynda, Jon, Thu, me, Thomas & Jimmy... post (obvs) race

When I see this picture, all I can think is that LMFAO song, "I'm Sexy and I Know It"

We also ran into a few other people, like Anh Van, for one.  I also saw my roommate Danielle and some of her friends.  One of my favorite parts of the day?  When we all went to get hosed down... and the guys (who obviously couldn't resist after seeing it) wrestled each other in the mud pit that resulted in hundreds (thousands?) of people being hosed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment