Tuesday, December 27, 2011

California Comes to Texas!

12/1-12/4 - My sister Rachel and her 2 kids, Paulina & Nicolae came into town!  She had a few more vacation days to spend (but unfortunately not her husband Adrian) and she decided to bring the kids to see the fam in Texas!  Here's some snapshots of some things we did while they were in town:

Angelina as Clara in the Nutcracker

Front Row Seats, baby!

Friday morning we all went to go see Angelina perform as Clara in the Bay Area Ballet performance in Clear Lake... it was beautiful!  MAGICAL!  She's AMAZING!  :)  I think it was really great that Nic & Paulina got to see her perform!

The California Gang and our dancing queen after the show

Mama & Her Girls :)

Eventually we headed up to the north side of town (i.e., Conroe) to hang out and stay at our other sister, Chi Trang's.  We all met up at the Golden Corral (brand new and stinkin' HUGE) to eat... I think some of the kids may have been a little wired that night... I wonder why...

Nic

Paula & Madison

Luke

Adam, Aaron, Nic, Paula & Madison... each with their very own cotton candy...

Afterwards, the gang above (the 5 kids) a couple of my sisters, Thomas, Austin & I went to Chuck E. Cheese.  I'm not sure who had more fun...  Unfortunately we were too busy playing games to take any pictures.

That night we made some snowglobes with the kids.  You can refer to my sister Rachel's blog to see one of the finished products :).  Most of the night was spent with my four sisters and I chit chatting... mostly about people... which is slightly better than the next morning, where we spent most of our time facebook stalking.

The next day was spent pretty chill... some shopping and more eating.  Saturday night (the 3rd) my sisters and I had been planning to have a girl's night out.  So all of us (minus Chi Giao, which we were all pretty bummed about) got together for dinner.  Then we went back to Chi Hong's where we hung out some more and talked some more.  Eventually we played a game called "Truth Be Told" which was a pretty fun game.  It's similar to Balderdash... except about real things... for example, my sister Thu got the card that said, "Truth be told, I'll watch any movie with..."  The answers she got from us were:

- Viggo Mortensen
- Daniel Craig
- Daniel Craig
- Daniel Craig
- Viggo Mortensen
- The James Bond guy

Her answer?  Daniel Craig... (although she did say she TOTALLY forgot about Viggo and that had she remembered, that would have TOTALLY been her REAL answer... go me and Lisa!)  It was pretty fun and we had some laughs!  It was a great night!

Back: Me, Chi Thu, Chi Hong, Chi Trang
Front: Chi Tram (Rachel), Chi La, & Lisa (or Chi Thoa... but you'll probably never hear me say that unless you're my mom)



We'll miss these kiddos a lot!


3 comments:

  1. Oh HEY blog update. Those kids are adorable. When I first read this, I got mad because you didn't call me to have me meet them. But then I remembered that you were obvs in Houston, and therefore, I wouldn't have been able to come anyway.

    Point is, we're good.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice recap Mel! I did not document my Texas visit, so your recap is great. Love you sis.

    ReplyDelete