When I hear songs, they often take me back to whatever/where ever life had me when I first got "into" the song. See this post for an example.
But today is a little different. It wasn't a song. It was just a normal "everyday" kind of sound. The garbage truck. I have a garbage truck that I can hear pretty well at my apartment... but it usually comes at midnight on a random weekday and it's really annoying so when I hear it there, it just flat out annoys me. But today I heard the garbage being picked up outside of Shana's house (I'm babysitting Ella again today). It sounded really industrial. It sounded really... familiar... this loud, large truck just driving down this residential street and for a short bit of time, it just seemed really loud and... busy. I want to use the word industrial again, but I won't (except I kind of did!) It reminded me of Paris.
My street, Rue de Reuilly, wasn't the BUSIEST street, but it did have a good bit of traffic. Our window faced the street and since we had some hot summer nights (not quite TEXAS hot, but stuffy and no A/C hot) we'd leave the window open. All night long you heard cars, and for quite some time, the buses. I think that's the sound I miss. The buses.
A couple of weeks ago, I was walking to my car from Anthro after a closing shift. One of the buses had stopped on Lamar to let people on and off. I heard the sound of the automated voice that comes on to tell you... whatever the hell it tells you (why can't I remember right now? This isn't proving my point very well). It made me miss school. It made me miss walking on the UT campus. It ALMOST made me miss attending classes, but not really.
Okay, that is it for now.
Hey family and friends, blog more please? I think my incessant blogging is due to lack of other blogs to READ!
No cruz siempre de autobus.
ReplyDelete