Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Old Songs, Same Feelings
I've been listening to some of my "old" music--stuff I listened to in high school. One song I've been listening to on repeat (practically) is Bright Eyes' "Touch." I used to love this song. And after not listening to it for years and years... I happened upon it on my ridiculously large itunes library. The second I heard the music--it took me back. I don't even know when I listened to this song back in the day... but I certainly remembered the feeling of "the brokenness inside as hope and less collide." I went on songmeanings.com--something I like to do when I want to see how other people interpret a song. The first comment was written in 2002. The most recent was in March of this year, and the person wrote, "this song was at one time so important to me... i just listened to it for the first time in a few years and it broke my heart again." Ditto.
Labels:
music
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment