We've already been through something like this the days prior to Ash Wednesday in which I got sassy with my mom on the phone (and consequently felt terrible about it) and she seemed to at least understand my frustration, if not care enough to not do anything about it. I assumed she understood that I'd get the message, pass her message along, and that would be the end of it. No. No assumptions were made. After another missed call the second (or third?) day, she called right at midnight last night so I finally picked up. This was what ensued:
Me: Mommy. I already know. You don't have to keep calling me.
Mom: Well, why haven't you called back?
Me: Because I don't want to GRIPE at you!
Mom: CLICK!
16 seconds.
So, my dear siblings, anyone beat 16 seconds for having Mom hang up on you?
P.S. I felt horrible and did send an e-mail to Theresa with everything Mother requested.
Think of her as having a mild OCD (which she does have and I am pretty sure of it). Than you can understand that OCD people cannot stop unless they have confirmation-
ReplyDeleteAnd... OCD problems usually manifest in several subject matter, with hand washing and religion as two of the main ones- She has both, so to understand that she has mild to moderate OCD without actually clinically diagnosing her as such woud help you understand and appease her a bit more- I just think she has that disorder. THAT way, I tend to be more understanding (sometimes).
Love,
Vien
haha...i was going to say the same dang thing...i know i got a bit of ocd when i was living at home...it must be contagious...
ReplyDeletei remember doing the sign of the cross so many times to make sure that it gets done right...GOTTA LOVE MAMA...
Love ya,
Avan