So here it is, for me to reference forever on out:
1 Vinegar (or lime)
2 Nuoc Mam
2 Sugar
5 Water (or 4 or 6 depending how much I wish to dilute)
Then sriracha to taste (which for me means like... a ton).
When I was younger and we went to an aunt or uncle's house, I refused to eat anything with anyone else's nuoc mam. Usually she'd have to bring her own in an old water bottle and/or ketchup bottle. I know that makes me sound bratty, and now that I'm older and I've had a variety of nuoc mams, I realize that they're all good and different in their own way...
but what kind of daughter would I be if I DIDN'T show my allegiance to my mom's nuoc mam?
Good call on writing this down. I too have little slip of paper somewhere....
ReplyDeleteYou nuoc mam snob! =P
ReplyDelete