Monday, November 8, 2010

Schutte Moves In = Getting My Life In Order

Schutte moved in last night! :) I (with some help of Thomas) made her a banner that said "Welcome Home Schutte" and stuck her key under it. I bought a shelf for my bathroom so we'd have more counter space (and I cleared out the medicine cabinet, too) for her things.

I bought a bookshelf off craigslist. It was a little tricky (and it was a little bigger than I expected) but we got it back the apartment alright :) I made Thomas get in his trunk and lay down to make sure we had enough room in the car. :) We ran a bunch of errands together (oil change, drop by anthro to get my schedule, buy some fabric to cover the back of my bookcase, etc.) and it was a really fun and productive weekend. All thanks to Thomas's cleaning of the apartment about a week ago. Without that, I'd never have gotten inspired to do the rest! :) I even cleared out some boxes that have been sitting on my bedroom floor for-EVER. I'm super excited and happy with the developments.

Speaking of developments--today is a staff development/student holiday for AISD. Since I'm not technically a teacher just yet, I have the day off. I could run up to CPI and work there all day, but I haven't decided on that yet. I've worked super hard the last couple of weeks (averaging just over 60 hours a week) and think that I made enough to offset not working too much today. That's not to say I won't go in AT ALL, just... not for awhile. Maybe I should go to the gym? I can't say I don't have time? But... umm... yeah... whatevs.

I think I'm going to go to the asian supermarket to pick up some things (sorry Johnny, I see MAMA ramen noodles in my future), and we'll see where the rest of the day takes me. I gotta work at Anthro tonight. I at least have Wednesday off because I got a girl to cover my shift. We're gonna go see Paranormal Activity 2 on Wednesday. Schutte says she's terrified of scary movies, but maybe she'll change her mind? Maybe I can talk Maggie into coming too? *Wink*Wink*Nudge*Nudge* Maggie??? I know, I know, you hate them, but I figure I might as well keep asking until we finally go just in case you change your mind! :) I remember one time, when we were living together, it was near Halloween-ish time and I think I wanted to watch Scream on tv and you flat out refused to watch it with me downstairs and you ran upstairs to get away. Le sigh... :) Just think about it. We'll put you next to Johnny so he can protect you... or ridicule you. You never know.

Alright, good break, Mel. Back to laundry and other things around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment