Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Obvious Reason Why Thomas is Wonderful - #9

I never have to call Steven because of him.

This takes some explaining. Steven is a good friend of mine from high school. I can't really explain when he and I became friends. We've known each other since middle school. Vaguely, anyway. And then we started having Latin together in high school... but again, we never really talked outside of that. At some point after college started, he somehow became my go-to phone guy. And by that I mean, if I was having boy problems, he'd get the phone call. How did I even have his number? I literally have no idea how this came about. Anyway, I consider him a good friend to this day and he's still probably one of the only friends from high school that I keep in fairly regular contact with.

Anyway, he and I were on the phone the other night and at some point I said something along the lines of, "Can you believe I've been with Thomas for almost FOUR years now?" And he kind of snickered and eventually said, "That reminds me... you used to call me ALL THE TIME and cry about your boyfriend." And at first I thought he was talking about Thomas, but then he went and said some examples and they definitely had something to do with previous boyfriends. Then I said, "Wait, so when was the last time I called you with a boyfriend problem? I haven't done that in awhile!" And he replied, "Yeah... I guess it's been almost four years since I got one of THOSE phone calls."

And that made me smile. So... there you have it. Reason #9 why my boyfriend is the shiz.

[Also, big ups to Steven for putting up with me those other years. :) And... still putting up with my other stuff now. He and I commiserate about teaching life and options. He, too, is an aspiring teacher.]

1 comment:

  1. Steven gets an A+
    and so does Thomas. I love that boy!
    Good story Melly! Made me smile

    ReplyDelete