Saturday, October 16, 2010

Laugh It Up, Thomas

If you know me, or rather, if you know any of my brothers and sisters, you know that one of our pet peeves include STUPID QUESTIONS. (I can just imagine Chi Hong giggling as she reads this now!) Yes. We hate stupid questions. I know people (especially teachers) often say things like, "There's no such thing as a stupid question!" Guess what--THERE IS, and I will roll my eyes to make sure you realize that. :) It's rarely ever the issue that the question itself (or even the person asking) is "stupid." It's just (or at least, for me) that I don't like wasting time answering something that has either already been addressed or shouldn't even need to be addressed. Every now and then it's something obvious.

Even less common than that... I am guilty of the stupid question. Yesterday, Thomas got to enjoy the rarity of me asking him a question that he deemed ridiculous. I've been feeling slightly under the weather these past couple of days. I had some leftover dayquil/nyquil pills that I figured might help me get some relief. So I asked Thomas, "I think I'm gonna take one of those pills tonight. Is night the orange or the blue one?" He gave me this look that was so disapproving that I actually thought maybe he didn't approve of me taking the medication. Finally he just said, "BLUE. As in, NIGHT."

Laugh it up, Thomas Wilder. Laugh it up.


2 comments:

  1. 6-second eye roll + "The Fourth Kind" owl head turn (for NyQuil)

    PS. Get the owl double entendre? They are nocturnal (Ny) and feather/quill pens (Quil).

    ReplyDelete