Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Crushes :)

Okay. Remember when you kind of started to talk to your crush... and you would talk to their friends or (if this was after 2004) would facebook stalk them and find out their likes and then somehow they became yours? Not necessarily that you were lying about it, but you suddenly started listening to Def Leppard a hell of a lot more than you normally would've? Well, I feel like that's happening to me these days.

No. Not with a guy.

With a girl. :) Sorry Thomas. So, this might be a little weird for the person in which this blog is about, but whatevs, it's my blog. It'll be super awkward only because we were just discussing today about how you read my blog. :) Miss Aberdeen Sather. A fellow Anthrophile (and by that I mean someone who loves--or at least did before she worked there, haha--Anthro, and not someone who is attracted to humans... although that is still true), a fellow teacher (maybe not "fellow" yet, since I'm not technically one, but you know what I mean), a fellow Francophile, and a fellow lover of pretty things--I feel as though Aberdeen and I are kindred spirits. My particular crush on her started the day we opened at Anthro together and she had to vacuum and thus wore the Ghostbuster-like backpack vacuum. We chatted in-between her procrastination of vacuuming the front of the store. Not long after she stopped working at anthro (because she got a teaching gig) and when I found out on Facebook, I was devastated. I mean, happy for her, but devastated for me. You see, I'm not at Anthro all that often, so there are only a handful of girls that I saw on a fairly regular basis and therefor got to know and like and kind of be friends with... so it sucked losing one.

However, since she left Anthro, this forced us to actually hang out. We did not do this prior to her leaving, so obvsnodoy it all worked out for the best. We've gone out for drinks, to eat, to a movie... usually with another gal pal (the lovely Cathleen!) or Horacio, her manfriend who's also supes awesome. The point of this post is that I find myself being just ever so slightly more active than normal due to this budding friendship, and I like the way it makes me feel. It's kind of like the thrill of getting to know someone, except minus the sexual tension. :) Which makes it AWESOME!

Anyway so... I just went for a lengthy walk with Aberdeen and we just shot the shit the whole time. She and I seem to have the same goals we're focusing on (see most recent blog) and we talked about some of that and I had a great time. It's refreshing to talk to her. Anyway, 'tis all. I just wanted to share my newfound friendship and the positive effects it has on me.

She suggested doing one of those 5Ks with her and H sometime... we'll see just how persuasive she can be though... cause... well... yeah... :)


The gals at Aberdeen's Bday (she's the adorable blonde)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god!!! Yay! You are so, so, so kind & I feel the same way! And yes, I do read your blog...and no, it is not awkward!! Awww!! Thank you so much!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete