2/20 - Johnny had a hankering for some spring rolls (of the grilled chicken variety) so that meant we'd have to find a movie to along with it. He went with "Better Luck Tomorrow" which was a movie about your typical Asian high school overacheivers trying to not be as mediocre as their academic status makes them seem. So they spend their time doing petty crime... and drugs... and hookers. You know, that kind of thing that all of us did in high school (is it not cool to do the "NOT!" thing?)
Anyway, this was our first sit-down dinner in a long time. Ever since it go cold (before the new year), we've just been sitting around the living room eating whilst watching a movie or chatting. It's been too cold to sit outside in our patio, which is really the most pleasant way to have dinner. Last night was the perfect weather!
It was some of the folks' first time making the spring rolls, which always adds to the entertainment factor of dinner. I thoroughly enjoyed Danielle's commentary on everyone's spring rolls and whether or not they were satisfactory or not. LC blazed through to eat her first spring roll while I was still explaining why we wet the paper :) Anyway, those in attendance:
- Me
- Johnny
- Thomas
- Danielle
- Amy
- Maggie
- LC
- Luis
- Justin
Most stayed for the movie (or most of the movie). It was more graphic than I remembered it when I watched it in high school, but it made me just as uncomfortable and uneasy.
I do still love me some John Cho (aka Chau from Off Centre/Sulu from the new Star Trek/Harold as in Kumar)
However, probably the best thing that came of this night was the creation of Spring Formal. We will be hosting a Spring Formal in March. It's going to be Under the Sea themed... and off the chain :)

No comments:
Post a Comment