Tuesday, December 7, 2010

PBS Masterpiece Mystery: Sherlock Holmes = AMAZING


Masterpiece Mystery: Sherlock

Okay. So... over two months ago, my brother sent my sisters an e-mail telling us to watch the Sherlock series that had started on PBS. He stated that one of the stars was Martin Freeman, the man who played Tim from the original office (and the one that's in that incredibly awkward couple in Love Actually).

I finally watched it last night while I had some free time. Schutte was out of town and Thomas was, as per usual, in Waco, so after watching the new Sherlock movie on tv, Johnny and I headed off to bed and I, not being used to going to bed before midnight, was too tired to read a book. Instead, since I was in the Sherlocky mood anyway, I decided to get all up ons the show my brother had suggested before.

I only watched the first episode, and I was already in love in the first 10 minutes or so. They're about an hour and a half long. They remind me of old Poirot episodes I'd randomly catch and watch at night when I was little.

Anyway, I think part of the reason that I like Sherlock so much is because he's a mixture between two of my favorite people ever. The first of which is super obvious--after all, the show is loosely based on Sherlock Holmes. Sherlock HOLMES = Gregory HOUSE. See it??? Anyway, also, Bones. But that's just probably because she's also an incredibly brilliant genius that's kind of hard to get along with.

And who doesn't love Martin Freeman? Also, it says he's to play Bilbo Baggins?! OMG my life is about to be amazing, isn't it? :)

Okay, go watch. There needs to be more episodes NOW, but... I guess that's all you get for now... 3 episodes online to watch--do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment