Last night I bought two when Schutte and I went to Half Price. I got Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro--I decided I liked Never Let Me Go enough to read his better known book--and George Eliot's Silas Marner. I remember having to read it in Mrs. Stockinger's class in 10th grade... and I think I liked it? Lisa has said that she LOVES it, so I figured I'd give it another try.
I just want to read! I want to read SO MUCH! So... here are my goals for this winter break. I, in no way, expect to actually be able to finish all of these, but ideally... this is what I will finish over the next week and a half or so:
1. Elizabeth & Mary by Jane Dunn (this is probably the one that will definitely not be finished).
2. Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen
3. Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
4. Silas Marner by George Eliot
5. Naked by David Sedaris (I'm already halfway done, so this should be easy... and because I love him... despite the fact I'm not white)
6. Lost in Austen by Emma Campbell Webster (this is a Choose Your Own Jane Austen Adventure book. How could I forget this one?)
I'll update you on my progress... or rather, you'll know when you see my review. :)
You know I read your blog everyday and you also know that I steal shit from it. That is just a part of our friendship :-)
ReplyDelete