My mom called me twice this morning. I missed both calls because--obvsnodoy--I'm working.
8:16 AM -- Missed Call
9:05 AM -- Missed Call
When your mother calls you twice early in the morning when she knows you're at work, you assume it must be for something important. She didn't leave a voicemail, which normally she does if it's something silly (like "Oh hello daughter... don't forget to to go to church on Sunday!") so of course this leads me to believe that this must be an important phone call.
I finally call her back. She's in a pretty good mood. She lets me know she's going to pick up my contacts from my eye doctor today. I'm frustrated already because I can tell she's just buttering me up. But for what? Turns out--all she wanted to know was if there was a grocery store near our campsite for this weekend. Surely because she wants to cook us a delicious meal. SO WHY WAS I SO ANNOYED?!?!?! I don't know, but I, of course--like all my siblings before me--showed my annoyance and soon mother was off the phone. Not before happily letting me know that she loves me.
So then I hang up the phone and I feel guilty guilty guilty for being so annoyed at my mother for doing nothing but asking me a question. But doesn't she know how her kids feel about questions?!?!?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment