It's been awhile since I last blogged... and a lot has happened since then :)
You are looking at (the blog of) one of Anthropologie's newest employees! :) I spent the bulk of yesterday (8-4) at Anthro orientation. It was a pretty big group of us (12ish). Most of them seem to be moving to the Domain location. It would make sense for me to move there to since I live about a stone's throw (is that the white people phrase?) away from it. So is it weird I want to stay at the downtown location? If I was part of the Domain one, I'd be able to help literally build the store, etc.... which sounds cool, but at the same time sounds like NOT something I want to do. Also, is it dorky of me that I think it'd be fun to work with Lisa every now and then? Hey, at least this way, I can shop at the Domain one and not be tempted to work! :)
Recently I've had a resurgence of listening to two different bands. 1. Fall Out Boy. 2. 10,000 Maniacs. It's so funny to see the people who were famous 15 years ago vs. now. Natalie Merchant vs... Lady Gaga. Haha. Not that Natalie Merchant was ever hyped up and as popular as Gags, but... just sayin'. I only make this comparison because I was watching a youtube video recently of Natalie performing one of my favorite songs "These Are Days" on stage in what I can only describe as a frock. Haha a long sleeve yellow button up with a long floor length skirt. On stage! Who does that?! Anyway... she does a big twirl on stage, it's adorable.
Anyway, other than that there hasn't been a whole lot else developing. Not that I mind. Bones has kind of sort of completely taken over my life. But... I think you all know that. Lisa and Mike bought a new house in the Crestwood area and it's adorable! They're remodeling right now so no pics as of yet. :) We should be having a Memorial Day party for baby Luke's first bday.
Oh, and I also have awesome footage of Thomas and Johnny Creeding in the car.
Summer is upon us, guys. I know it's technically not supposed to start until June... but it's Texas and... yesterday I felt like I was going to melt in my car! So for all intents and purposes, it's fricken Summer! Oh well... here's an excerpt from the above mentioned song to ring in Summer! :)
These are the days you might fill with laughter until you break
These days you might feel a shaft of light make its way across your face,
And when you do, you'll know how it was meant to be,
See the signs and know their meaning, it's true,
Then you'll know how it was meant to be,
Hear the signs and know they're speaking to you,
To you...
i like how i blogged about your job before YOU did.
ReplyDelete