So we woke up in Nha Trang after a full/long day of hanging out on a Train. If I remember correctly, we were way ripped off from the train station to the hotel, but whatever. It's a new morning. And this was...
Our awesome view from our balcony.
An even awesomer view from our hotel's pool
After we admired our views for some time (I mean it, we spent maybe 15 minutes just taking pictures of and around the pool), it was finally time to go get something to eat. We didn't really know what to eat. Despite the fact that we were in a pretty heavy tourist area, there weren't obvious touristy places to eat. Not saying I'm usually all about touristy places, but in general, the more people and the more press, the more reliable the food is. Eventually, we decided we were hungry enough to just eat anything. And... well, pho is pho... more or less.
So we ate pho in this little random place. Remember this photo. Remember it well. We'll get back to it later.
Soon, it was time for us to go off to VINPEARL LAND! It's basically a water amusement park on an island not too far off the coast of Nha Trang. You have to take cable cars to get there.
These cable cars
Here we are, 100+ meters up from the water. For over 3,000 meters. Or... something like that.
There it is! A whole island amusement park
Private beach area. We spent a lot of time here. We might've even just fallen asleep here. On the sand. I don't remember.
We stopped for food. Sommer only gets forks. Because she's white.
We went up the alpine coaster. This ride took a bit of a wait. It was awesome. Sommer was in charge of our brakes. We were supposed to keep our hands in the cart... but...
We're just a couple of rule breakers!
As far as I can remember, we left Vinpearl around 5:30, before the park closed at 6, hoping to beat the cable car traffic. We did pretty well. We were back in our hotel not long after that. And... I want to say we just passed out. I don't even think we ate. We slept. We slept a lot. I think I watched scary movies on tv. TV is good in Vietnam.
The next morning... umm... well... remember that picture I talked about earlier? The one with the bowl of pho? Notice the glass of tea to the right? See the ice cubes? Okay. Now read this article: Health & Safety - VISITING VIETNAM. Then put 2 and 2 together. So... Sommer and I mostly stayed in the hotel together.
We did manage to venture out to Lanterns, a cute little restaurant in Nha Trang twice. It was cute. It was worth it.
The sun rose as we walked to Lanters along the beach.
We thought we'd try to settle our stomachs by starting off our day with an omelette and toast.
Walking back to the Sheraton along the beach. It was a beautiful beach!
Obligatory feet on the beach picture
Not an obligatory picture, but it was such an awesome pool, how could I not?
Back at Lanterns: Banh xeo
Ca kho to
Mom told me to make sure I drank coconut juice straight out of the coconut... so Sommer did
And then I did! :)
... and then we left to go further south toward Saigon... another long train ride. This time aided by imodium.




















No comments:
Post a Comment