We finally made it to the pool. I met up a friend for lunch for part of the pool-time (there were so many people in town this weekend, have I mentioned that yet?) and then went back to pool to hang out some more. Yes, this means I left Natasha to fend for herself with Nappy (no biggie) and Peter (yikes!)
Then it was time for... a nap. Natasha had gone back up the room early, and eventually Peter, Nappy and I headed back as well. As soon as we got back, we all passed out. I mean, we ALL passed out. For awhile. Finally we got up, as it was time for dinner. Natasha and I had bought a Travelzoo coupon for a 4 course meal and a bottle of wine at Comme ca in the Cosmopolitan. $40 a person for a meal that would normally be $140 total.
Shnazzy
The best part of this meal was the conversation I had with my cousin John. It's quite possibly one of the most inappropriate conversations I've ever had. Let's just say phrases like "grandma's hooters" and "grandma's funbags" were thrown around quite a bit. And I attempted to thwart the sentence, "I know you're my cousin and all but..." before he was able to finish. I was unable. I know that sounds kind of weird to those of you who don't know my cousin John... but believe me, this is somehow completely normal and somewhat (SOMEWHAT) acceptable. Gotta love 'im!
Even his smile is almost a little too suggestive in this photo...
The dinner was delicious and I had a really good time seeing my cousins! Unfortunately they had separate plans for that night and they were leaving the next morning. I was glad I got to spend the time I did with them, though!
Me & Martin (Marty McFLY!) after dinner. I probably won't be seeing him until...
He marries this lovely lady, Tammy! I'd only met her once (when she came down for my grandma's 90th birthday), but she's so easy to get along with! Loved her! Love them both! Can't wait for the wedding!
Then it was time to go out. Peter and Nappy had some other folks in town for a bday party... so we hung out with that crowd. It was Felix's girlfriend's sister's bday. Follow that? Anyway, we want to Tryst at the Wynn... via limo. Hot spotty AC Limo. It was pretty fun. Better music than the stupid Marquee and we didn't have to wait a year to get in. We did get in a little sooner since we were on some "list" (as was EVERYONE ELSE), but the line still wasn't ridiculous like Marquee was that first time we went. Immediately, the guys loaded up on the liquor. I took it rather slow, but had my fair share of beverages. We all had a pretty good time:
Me and my travel companion(s) ;)
Me and my surrogate brothers: Nappy, Donson & Peter.
FYI: Nappy is wearing a $200 shirt Peter had to buy to get into a club the night before... he was supposed to score some numbers... I don't think this happened.
Jennifer, Felix's girlfriend: One of my favorite finds during this trip :)
My cousin John and I ran into Barry, my sister in law's brother.
Fun fact: He's John's sister in law's brother too... see if you can figure that one out.
Donson, me & Dale hangin' out... winding down
The night ended with me, Peter, & Dale looking for Donson. The three of us decided it was time for us to leave... but Donson was nowhere to be found. Luckily, we ran into him on our way out. He got kicked out. For "trying to fight the bouncer" was the original answer... but that changed throughout the course of the weekend. We then had to wait in a taxi line for about half an hour... Dale managed to disappear and get lost and find us just in time to get into a cab.
And once again... just like every successful Vegas story must end... we passed out.
(But not before losing Peter to pizza... Donson to a cigarette break... Dale to... whoknowswhere.)
Fun fact: Peter passed out on our floor... woke up... didn't know where he was... left the room... was thankful he was on the same floor as "his room"... then he realized he didn't have shoes... he went back to the original room he passed out in... and when he saw his flip flops from earlier in the day... FINALLY realized he had been in our room the entire time. Well done, Peter... well done.









No comments:
Post a Comment