Monday, July 25, 2011

"Umm... yes, hello. We would like to attend the club." -- Najia Dar, Vegas Part 2

So after arriving in Vegas, we found our way to the taxis. We got in the car and the driver said, "Where to?" Rachel replied, "Mandalay Bay. The hotel." Our driver said, "The hotel OR THEhotel?" Okay, maybe he didn't QUITE say that... but we did have to make a distinction. Seriously. I want to know what brilliant person came up with the idea to name it "THEhotel." I'm convinced that someone was supposed to come up with a bunch of names for the meeting, got really drunk and forgot and the first thing he came up with was... "Uhh, dude... how about... THE hotel?!" And it worked. Stupid stuff always works.

Anyway, Rachel and I did a mini fashion show for Najia and the three of us started to get ready for the night. While we got ready, we got to enjoy the sweet sounds of Godsmack doing a soundcheck. From our window we could see the entire pool area... which for that night was closed due to a Godsmack concert. We meant to ask if there was a crowd, because there definitely was NOT one when we left our room around 8 that night.

So there we are, the three of us all dolled up. Ready for a night out on the town. I'd say something about it being "Sin City" but even referencing to the fact that it's called "Sin City" makes me feel incredibly... eww. Anyway, we asked our concierge for a good place to eat (we were those annoying people who had no preference whatsoever) and eventually settled on Sushi Roku (I think that's what it was called?) which was in the Forum shops by Caesar's Palace. This is where we realized we were walking in a glorified mall. With ceilings that are made to look like you're outside (because apparently Vegas is really into that).


So there we are. Outside while inside. Getting a picture taken of us. We felt a lot more dolled up and *ahem* slutty than we actually were. In actuality, we were just nicely dressed. It was just a really stark contrast between us and the families in their fanny packs and neon tourist shirts. We found the restaurant and saw it wasn't all too crowded so when I told them we needed a table for three, I asked if we could have a pretty window view. Our concierge said the sushi was good there, but that it had nice window seats with a great view of the strip. So... the manager said he'd see what he could do... and then... asked if we were celebrating anything special. Why yes, yes we are...? The girls looked at me, and I made a slight gesture to show my "engagement ring" which is... a really good fake that I once found. :)

We got a great table, and we even got some free dessert! We tipped well, cause I felt bad/guilty about lying... but it was kind of fun that it worked!

If you look carefully you can see my ring...

Rachel's doing the Japanese Tourist & Najia's busy doing the Dar pose

Not long after this fountain picture was taken, we were joined by Napoleon (aka Nappy) one of my brother's friends that had been (apparently) living in Vegas the past few years. We strolled down the strip, through the Bellagio, and eventually (after some Rachel's-feet-hurt and Bellagio fountain stops) made it to our final destination: Marquee... which is in The Cosmopolitan. Which is... apparently the most bumpin' club in Vegas. We waited for 1.5-2 hours to get in. Najia famously told the doorman-dude that no, she was not on the guest list, but that she would, in fact, like to attend the club. That got us straight to the back of line. The back of the line that we THOUGHT was the front of the line... but turned out not to be. As loquacious as Nappy is(n't), I think he still had a good time listening to Rachel, Najia & myself be incredibly ridiculous in line. We finally got in, and after $20 covers and $15 drinks... we were finally happy.


Really really happy (or at least, we had to fake it for the price we just paid!)

We spent the bulk of our time just hanging out, talking, dancing, looking ridiculous, looking at ridiculous things. I spent a good chunk of it catching up with Nappy. Eventually we made it to the dance floor... where Rachel found some dudes who were just DYING to share their bottle service with us. I had hit my limit, so I passed off my drink, but continued to have quite a good time :)
All in all, I think we all had a great night! Especially at the end of the night when...

No comments:

Post a Comment