
I love
Sherri Dupree. She is my inspiration for a lot of things. Do y'all find her face familiar? Perhaps it's from many of the thousands (exaggeration? Yes.) of blogposts that I've written about Eisley (the band she's in). Anyway, she's constantly changing her hair color and she's constantly blogging about it on tumblr and I'm constantly finding myself wanting to BE her.

She likes her hair
Anyway, I guess she inspired me. Also, I've been bored. I want something different with my hair, but I'm too chicken to make any drastic changes. I also kind of want a tattoo, but I'm too scared for something too permanent. At least this is only semi-permanent, I can change colors eventually or just dye it back to black... it won't be exactly the same as my natural hair color, but the way I see it, it'll at least grow back and I can start from scratch again! :)

Look at all the colors!
Thomas helped me bleach it. That was actually pretty fun to do with him! I want to go ahead and dye it blue... but remember the days when I used to do it in high school, the color tends to stick to the tub a bit for a week or so. I don't really want to freak out Thomas's parents with a blue tub. Which reminds me of a HILARIOUS story about Jenny.
In high school... Jenny and I both made all state choirs so we were in San Antonio for the convention. She decided that I was having too much fun coloring my hair and she wanted to do it too! So, one night, in our hotel room, I started the process of dying her hair purple. I can't remember if we just did streaks or tips, but either way, we bleached it and then dyed it. She hopped in the shower. About 5 minutes into her shower, I hear her say something, probably an expletive and then my name. I heard the water turn off and out of the shower sprints Jenny. She was wrapped in a towel and I think her hair still had some shampoo in it. She looked like she was ready to cry. She gestured for me to go into the bathroom so I did. I was semi-horrified about what I might find. She looked like she was going to be sick! She pointed to the tub, stained a light purple, and shouted, "AM I GOING TO HAVE TO BUY THE MARRIOTT A NEW TUB?!" I remember clutching my stomach and falling to the floor almost to tears. I probably sarcastically answered her, "Yes, Jenny. You're going to have to pay to replace this tub," before reassuring her that the dye is not permanent and will wash off after subsequent showers. (And in case you're wondering, it did).

Hairspiration
So anyway... yeah. Blue hair coming up soon! :)
How many times did you proclaim, "I blue myself!"
ReplyDelete