
Rachel. I don't even know where to begin. Rachel had been working at CPI with me for awhile, but I was starting to phase myself out when she started working full time. I knew her, we talked, we joked, I poked her large boobs, but we never really hung out outside of work. I barely had time to, what with the juggling of the jobs and all. Well, school was over and I was spending a lot more time at the office this summer. Rachel had just gotten into med school and so she put in her two weeks and was making plans for her to be able to have one last summer before school started.
Enter: ME. One day she said, "Hey Mel, since you're the only person I know who technically doesn't have to work 9-5, you wanna hang out with me on my week off before I go to Portugal?" I said, "DUH." And somehow plans started to snowball. It started with "I just want to drink wine on patios and go to happy hours and lay by the pool all week," and somehow got to "Maybe you should just come to Portugal with me and my sister." We landed somewhere near "road trip to Marfa" and "let's see what specials American Airlines has for this weekend and maybe we'll go to Ontario or something."
So the Saturday (May... 21st? Yes, May 21t... aka Judgment Day) comes along after her last day of work and I call her at 9 am and say, "Okay... do you want to go to New Orleans or not?" And her answer was, "... yes...? Do... you?" And I said, "... yes...?" and she said, "Okay well... come over...?" It was almost as if we were playing chicken with this road trip, and it turns out, neither of us were too chicken... so we went with it!
We hopped in the car eventually and road tripped to New Orleans where we stayed at... man... did I already forget? Royal St. Charles. It wasn't a shithole, but it wasn't exactly the best place on earth... we again, did not have windows. Why can't NoLa throw me a bone and give me a window?! Well... they gave us... SOME kind of window...
I don't wanna talk about how strange this "window" was
Anyway, Rachel and I had an incredibly good time there. We did the Bourbon thing which... was... fun. Lots and lots of fun. More fun than two girls should have? Maybe? Haha, and then the next day we spent much of it at the Bayou Boogaloo which was also lots of fun! We drove back to Houston and stayed the night at Chi Thu's which was a much needed break after all the driving that day.
I wish I had more pictures, but between Rachel and I... I think we LITERALLY took 7 pictures.

No comments:
Post a Comment