- Schutte is gone. We had a lovely wine night and some folks came over and we had many drinks and taught them LCR and 3-Card and had a grand ol' time. And lots of wine.
- Schutte is gone. There are visible holes in my bedroom and closet where her stuff used to be. Last night was the first time in a long time that it was just me and Johnny. I stayed up a little too late doing some work and I ended up putting on Goblet of Fire before bed (when all else fails, GoF never lets you down). I left all my unfolded laundry on Schutte's side of the bed for filler.
- I'm going to be starting a new project soon, so... look forward to that. It consists of a ton of spray paint and a LOT of picture frames.
- I went for a couple of bike rides with Thomas (one of which we had the pleasure of Dana joining us) and it solidified my need for a bicycle. Apparently Thomas was going to get me one, but then I requested West Side Story tickets. This leaves me to buy my own bike, which I think is going to happen. Only thing is, the ones I really like are the vintage-inspired cruisers... but most of them are all single speed. I think I need some gear options here. You know, for all that off-roading I intend on doing.
- My brother is in Vietnam. He's been blogging and he's a great writer. Check it Out: All The Pho Puns Are Gone I doubt you will leave disappointed.
- Still at the school doing the choir gig. Still loving it. Hey Texas, stop cutting education budgets so I can get a REAL job.
- Overall life is pretty good. The weight loss thing is slowly but surely happening. Well, slowly. And I'm pretty sure that it's surely happening. Hoping, anyway.
- The other day when Thomas and I were at the Half Price in Dallas (the one we always go to) we found an old Longhorn Singers record from the 1960s. I'd seen the photos before from slideshows that were made during our 5oth Anniversary, but it was still cool finding that.
- Got to hang out with Mary Kate, Thomas's cousin, when we were in Dallas. Went to Oishii for some sushi and then had a few drinks by Mary Kate's house at a gay bar. Thomas felt quite at home ;)
- On Valentine's Day, Lisa and Mike had Val and me over for steak, lobster, chicken, strawberry salad, strawberry champagne, rosemary potatoes... LUKE. Really as long as Luke's there it'd be a splendid dinner, everything else was just gravy :)
- A couple of weeks ago Thomas and I went to Houston to see Amanda play in her season opener tournament in Houston. That was AWESOME. We made some pretty sweet t-shirts. I think they embarrassed her, but I wouldn't be a proper aunt if I wasn't embarrassing my niece, right? My friend Steven came out to watch the game too and then he went over to Chi Thu's and ate some awesome shrimp from the Boiling Crab with us. He went again the other day because it was so delicious. I'm jealous.
Okay, that's all I have the energy for! Hope that was sufficient!
No comments:
Post a Comment