Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bigger Problems Than Just Dog Problems

As far as buying vinyl records go, Thomas and I decided that we'd only be buying records in which we'd like at least 90% of the songs on the record. Who wants to buy a full album if you really only like the one song? Especially if we're entirely too lazy to go flip the record.

Thankfully, since February 2006, I've been tracking my listened-to iTunes songs. This makes it easy for me to know which albums I do, indeed, listen to a lot. This mostly consists of The Killers, Regina Spektor, Taylor Swift, Sara Bareilles, and a sprinkling of others.

One of my favorite bands and top albums are The Format's "Dog Problems." I found it on eBay. It must be fairly rare because in the past couple of months of randomly checking for vinyl LPs I want, this is the first time I've come across it.

It's for 399.99. Oh, perk--free shipping! Hah! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! If you don't believe me, here's the ebay listing. Wow.

The most expensive album that I plan on buying would be The Killer's "Hot Fuss," but even then, it's under $100 (mostly). Anyway, I just wanted to share with you the absurdity of that listing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment