Thomas had an interview at Baylor on Friday. He thinks it went fairly well so I hope everyone is sending him happy thoughts! Then he came up to work and ran some errands and then we ended up at my place, with some F3 and watched some "Bored to Death." We took a short nap, woke up, and watched some MORE "Bored to Death" until Mr. came. Then we watched more "Bored to Death." Ironically, we were not bored to death. I think it was Thomas and Mr.'s first time to ever watch it, and I think they liked it, so... yay!
Finally, we got the text from Sarah that let us know they had arrived at the Austin Karaoke! It was so fun! WHY we've all been obsessed with karaoke lately is beyond me, but I'm not complaining! Attendees were: Sarah, Tony, Jack, Cale, two of their friends who's names unfortunately escape me, Thomas, Johnny, Mr., Buddy, Maggie, Chris Cable, and... I'm pretty sure that's it. Anyway, I somehow found a way to search the songs by artist and not just by title (completely by accident) and we found a shit-ton of more songs! PITUSA was a great hit. :)
Afterwards we did the usual Whataburger. Despite my many attempts, no missed connections were made.
Saturday:
This was a great day! Stephen's site, collegemoviereview.com was hosting an AMAZING RACE event! There were really only 4 teams, and... let's face it, Team AWESOME (me and LC) and Team Almost As Good As Team AWESOME (Buddy, Johnny & Mr.) were really the only two teams worthy of being in the race. LC's driving was terrifying, but it made a difference in the end. There were 2 bad things about the race. 1, LC and I left my iphone in the car when we should've taken it with us. 2, I had to run--boo! It was literally a race to the finish line (i.e., Stephen). Technically, Johnny ran (yes, RAN) out of the car and touched Stephen before me (I did not realize this was a requirement)... but LC and I both got to Stephen and were the first FULL TEAM. Point is, win or no win, it was pretty fun! Thank you Stephen for a great morning!
Afterwards, the starving/thirsty group of contestants went to grab some refreshments and head to Zilker for volleyball. For the first 30 minutes or so, it was just Thomas, Johnny, Stephen, and I hitting the ball around. I believe the phrase "Knuckle puck" was used over and over again. Eventually Mr. & Bud came and we started to hit the ball around. LC finally got back from her run/jog (despite the fact that we kept seeing her run around us--and by her, I mean this old man with long hair/beard and shirt that showed his belly) and joined us. Me, Stephen (the two former members of Team Good, the Fall 2007 UT Water Volleyball IM Champions), Buddy & LC were on one team and Johnny, Mr. & Thomas were on the other. Eshe came with baby Nia and they sat and watched us play. They often clapped... but usually when someone did something wrong. :) It finally became 5 and time to leave. We stopped by Daily Jews Juice to get cool refreshing libations.
Thomas, Johnny and I went back to the apartment to shower and get ourselves dolled up for the Singers show.
What can I say about the Singers show? I definitely felt that it was better than last semester's. Almost every specialty act was deserving of its specialty spot--which I don't think could necessarily be said of some previous shows (including some I've been in). The solos in the group numbers were all pretty solid and the costumes were adorable--namely the girls in the Enchanted song and the boys in Celebration.
Afterwards the Alums went to eat at Santa Rita. This was pretty fun... we were loud, and our server McQueen was entertaining. Our drinks (and Eshe with her drinks) were also entertaining. We did our usual critique of the show, which was less fun to do this semester than semesters before. :) We did more raving than ranting I think. And that's saying a lot, cause you know how we love a good rant--especially Johnny. Though I'm sure he did his share.
Then me, Thomas, Mr., Buddy & Johnny went to the after show party. We got there entirely too early (maybe the rest of us are running on real people time, while Singers is still running on Singers time) but were able to enjoy our keg foam just as well. Here are some highlights of the party:
- Me pulling a MAJOR LC moment.
- Sitting and chatting (i.e., commiserating) with Hailey (the other 'outsider').
- Heard some good in the halls verses.
- Heard some BAD in the halls verses (which on occasion can be just as good as hearing the good ones).
- Sat some more with Hailey and observed the intense things that were happening ALL around us.
- Ended the night singing "Somebody to Love" with Tony :)
Sunday:
Thomas and I grabbed some Madams and headed to Lisa & Mike's to get some Chamberlain family time in. We hung out with baby Luke and Lisa. We napped while watching Order of the Phoenix (this is actually a very frequent occurrence in that household). Then he headed back to Dallas and I vegged out for a bit. Went to 8 o clock mass (took me FOR-EV-ER to find parking) and called it a night. I'm pretty sure. I can't really remember what all I did that night. Either way, it was a great weekend. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment