Sunday, November 22, 2009

Doppelgangers UNITE: The Legendary Tale of Rachel Acevedo's Greatness


November must be the month for doppelgangers. Ever since Kate Stafford joined our office and I started calling her Hannah's doppelganger, there have been TONS of sightings. This weekend, in C. Stat, we saw TONS of Mr. Matts and Buddy Burkhalters. We saw an Arlie and, as Johnny put it, "Patrick's old roommate Mike." These doppelgangers (mostly Mike's and Arlie's) were dead on... while Mr. Matt's and Buddy's... were just white guys.

Rachel's 22nd Birth-Dance Day (But Night) Party gave Johnny and me our very own doppelgangers (as unlikely as we thought it would be to find them)! I had three. I believe at one point, Johnny turned to me and said, "Y'all are like the cardinal directions--EVERY WAY I TURN, YOU'RE THERE!" Johnny's finally showed up at the end of the night and there were FOUR of them! I had one of those "Yes, I'm Vietnamese."/"What?! No way!" conversations with one of them. Johnny kept saying I looked Mexican.

[I'm listening to *N Sync's "Home for Christmas" album, and... keep getting distracted, so if my blog post seems disjointed, I apologize.]



Buddy and Johnny rode together there while I drove behind them and sang to my ipod (I bought a new fm transmitter w/ charger, so life was good that night). It was raining like a bitch at some points, so I did a lot of focusing on Buddy's taillights. That was fun :) We met Rachel at our hotel and she checked us in. She is so amazing... she gave us our party favors--T SHIRTS! I'll have to get some photos up of them.


The three of us spent most of the night dancing. Lots and lots of dancing. I think I burned about a gazillion calories doing the dancing we did. Rachel would come up to us on occasion and ask us if we were "having an okay time" to which all three of us would insist that we were having a GREAT time. I don't think she believed us. I'm not sure why she wouldn't. She also wrote on all our walls thanking us for coming, and apologizing for not being a good enough hostess--this statement alone is absurd, considering the fact that, had she NOT been as good a hostess as she actually was, the three of us would be sleeping in our cars in the cold, cold rain. Not only did she rent out a place, play her own awesome music (which on occasion, we had to Shazam... we didn't have Carl there to tell us what song it was... and we're old), AND get us said hotel room... she also got a mariachi band to sing happy birthday to her. WTF!


I just hope that Rachel had as good a time on her night as the rest of us did :) If her dance with her friend Jacob was any indication, I'd say she did! At one point, I turned around and her friend Jacob was right next to me and I said something along the lines of, "YOU! YOU are the one that's in all of Rachel's videos these days and I'm so jealous! I'm happy she found some great friends here though!" Hmm, thinking back, that was just about the cheesiest thing I could've possibly said. Oh well. Despite the fact that I am dreadfully jealous of all her friends in College Station that get to see her all the time, I am so happy for her! And hey--at least she found our doppelgangers!


Oh, we took all the candy though, so... suck on that doppelgangers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment