Monday -- not too great. I had to study while most of my friends were hanging out as a pre-Luis turns 21 birthday party.
Tuesday -- had to take my content exam. I was a nervous wreck. Not so much because I didn't think I knew the material, but mostly because if I DIDN'T pass it, it'd be a waste of $120 and time. THEN I'd have to wait 60 days before I could take it again. That would've put a very tight squeeze on my schedule if I wanted to start teaching in the fall. The best thing about the day wasn't so much that my test was (finally) over, but Luis turned 21! We all went to Trudy's and then the regulars (me, Johnny, Buddy, Thomas, Kayla, Kristi, Carl, Bryan--no Kyle) and some newbs (Sarah Bowers, T Rob, Laura Y, her friend) went DT for Luis's bday. Not only did that boy do all 21 shots (including an awesome body shot on... someone... special...) but he also did 17 of them without seeming to be phased AT ALL. By the time he got his 21st... he was a bit gone though. There are photos. We had to carry him. It was a fun night though--despite the fact he managed to spill two cups of water and fries at Whataburger.
Wednesday - I finally got to see LC! I think it was the first time I saw her since our Crawfish date (let's take a moment to think of the crawfish) ... okay. Anyway, she just moved into a new apartment on South Lamar. She literally JUST moved in (we sat amongst boxes during the evening). I picked up Madams (she lives THREE minutes away!) and we sat, ate, and caught up. It was a good night =D
Thursday - I got word that I passed my test. I only missed 4 questions and got 290 out of 300! I got word from my ACP that I can pretty much start applying for jobs. THIS IS INSANE! Thomas and I watched Star Trek V (oh yeah, and we're watching them in order) and then went over to Lisa & Mike's to hang out and play with Luke. I'm not sure if Thomas got to see him now that I think about it. Lisa, Thomas and I hung around and played Clue. Thomas won twice and then Lisa won. I was never close. What's up with that?
Friday - Thomas is graduating today! This, of course is exciting... and to make the day even more exciting--Buddy got the Austin job! I knew he would. When I saw that I missed a call from him... I KNEW that's what it had to be about! This is shaping up to be a great week and this coming up year is going to be spectacular! YAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment