Friday, January 11, 2013

Do I Look Like A Rabbit?

The return of the 6-word memoir!  I think forcing myself to be creative with my titles will help me to write more/better.  Probably not.  It's worth a shot.  Maybe.

Anyway, why am I asking if I look like a rabbit?  Because I'm sitting at my desk eating kale chips.  Which are oh-so-yummy, but also kind of weird to sit and eat greedily at your desk.  And I do mean greedily.  Part of me wants to eat it before I make it to the lunch room, because my coworkers like to try food.  And I'm a food hoarder.  And I want to eat all my kale chips.  That's fatboy thinking, isn't it?  Yes.  Yes it is.

Speaking of fatboy.  I'm ready to not be.  I blame this partially on my dear friend Caleigh.  She bought me a really cute bowl/spoon/chopstick set.  The bowl says ramen on it.  So naturally I bought a 24-pack and ate 8 of them in a span of 3 days.  3 days.  Damn you Caleigh.

Anyway, I'm starting again.  I know you don't believe me, because if I went through my blog, you'd probably find several other times I've said this.  But I mean it this time.  And it's not a diet thing.  It's a life-thing.  No more eating out and eating shit.  More cooking in general.  Even if it's cooking shit, it's better than eating out shit right?  This is starting to sound gross.  I'm going to stop that now.

I haven't quite started going to the gym yet.  But I am playing a lot more tennis.  I'll get back to the gym.  I should probably find books I really want to read on the elliptical, that always worked.

Okay, I am off to eat my kale chips at a 7th grade math teacher meeting.  I don't mind sharing with them.

You want my kale chips, don't you?

Instructions (LC asked in the comments, so I figured I'd just post them here if anyone was curious/interested):

Cover a baking sheet with parchment/wax paper. 
Cut off the kale leaves into bite size pieces (in general, the smaller the better, or at least, make it uniform so they all cook about the same) 
Spread on the sheet and drizzle olive oil on top Sprinkle with salt (I prefer kosher salt so it's thicker) 
Bake on 350 for about maybe... 8-10 minutes? Or until the ends get brownish.

3 comments:

  1. Did you make or buy those? I want some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SUPER duper easy.

      Cover a baking sheet with parchment/wax paper.
      Cut off the kale leaves into bite size pieces (in general, the smaller the better, or at least, make it uniform so they all cook about the same)
      Spread on the sheet and drizzle olive oil on top
      Sprinkle with salt (I prefer kosher salt so it's thicker)
      Bake on 350 for about maybe... 8-10 minutes? Or until the ends get brownish.

      Tell me how it goes! :)

      Delete
  2. What a coincidence. I just made kale chips the other day. Mine turned out good right out of the oven but the next day they lost their crispiness. Did that happen to you? Or maybe I bagged it too soon?

    ReplyDelete