Y'all know how I am with music. I love it. And it makes me feel things that I couldn't otherwise recognize or express for myself. Last night I went with Lisa and Mike to see The Killers for their Battle Born tour. As usual, I started the concert decently reserved, but by the end (and this might have something to do with the free spirited behavior of the Donson-like men near me) I was jumping up and down, arms flailing like a madman in the air. Particular songs and lyrics that I recall LOVING last night:
"...my heart, it don't beat, it don't beat the way it used to and my eyes, they don't see you no more. And my lips, they don't kiss, they don't kiss the way they used to and my eyes don't recognize you no more!!!"
Geez, Brandon, calm down!
Also, if "somebody told me" that 9 years later that weird song about how "somebody told me that you had a boyfriend who looked like a girlfriend that I had in February of last year," would still be a song lyric I was singing, I'd thought you were psycho. I really didn't think I'd be all into this band. I'm not very good at predicting futures.
Anyway... moving on, of course the usual:
"I GOT SOUL BUT I'M NOT A SOLDIER!" GEEZ. There were moments where I just felt I couldn't jump HIGH enough. I WANTED TO JUMP UP HIGHER and LAND QUICKER, so that I could adequately jump high enough but still stay on the beat. Nothing is worse for me than being offbeat.
"NOW CINDERELLA DON'T YOU GO TO SLEEP IT'S SUCH A BITTER FORM OF REFUGE, WHY DON'T YOU KNOW THE KINGDOM'S UNDER SEIGE AND EVERYBODY NEEDS YOU? IS THERE STILL MAGIC IN THE MIDNIGHT SUN OR DID YOU LEAVE IT BACK IN '61 IN THE CADENCE OF A YOUNG MAN'S EYES, OUT WHERE THE DREAMS ALL HIDE."
Aww, there was also a part where he played piano and sang the beginning of "I Can't Stay" which was beautiful...
Gosh, "Read My Mind" I have always liked, but I don't know if I ever really considered it one of my favorite songs. However, after last night, it might have to be added to one of my favorite songs, cause there's something about screaming:
"I DON'T MIND IF YOU DON'T MIND, CAUSE I DON'T SHINE IF YOU DON'T SHINE."
"I don't shine if you don't shine" is such a beautiful song and it makes me want to scream and hug Brandon. Especially when he sings "put your back on me"
GOSH. UGH! Gq095uaoifujeorg!
Lisa and I both started screaming "JENNY!" before the encore... despite the fact that we knew our screams wouldn't really do much... but they sure did play Jenny! And Brandon looks so cute when he performs this song. He was smiling SO MUCH. He seemed to really enjoy singing it, especially the line, "And then you whisper in my ear, I know what you're doing here!"
There's more, but I have to get off the computer now and be productive. I will be listening to the Killers though, you betcha.
Oh Mel........I could read more and more.....thank you for the concert review. I wish I was THERE with you!!!!!
ReplyDelete