I was feeling sorry for myself for a hot second when my friend Stephanie asked me, "So, where did you go this summer?" thinking I had similar adventures like those of last year.
Unlike last summer, I didn't travel anywhere this summer.
With the exception of ONE weekend in which I went to Houston for Austin's graduation, I was in Austin ALL SUMMER LONG. It was an interesting summer and it certainly wasn't boring. I realized last night (as I was driving home at 5 am) that I actually did a lot of new things in Austin this summer. I made new friends*--in some cases I just got to know some acquaintances better. I want to go ahead and say that in a small way I got to know myself better--but that's still something I'm working on, so I won't quite go there yet.
So here's a list of some of the NEW things I got to do this summer:
- Driftwood Vineyard
- The Scoot Inn
- Blue Star Cafeteria
- EVERY Splashpad in Austin
- The Dell Diamond for a Round Rock Express Game
- The Pour House (constantly)
- Hopdoddy
- Saw what 6:45am was like almost every morning... does that count?
- Jackelope (for BURGERS?!)
- Wahoo's
- That terrible terrible pub crawl (just the hangover)
- Austin Beerworks
- Read The Book Thief, one of my new favorite books ever
- Kiddie Acres (WITH kids, so not creepy at all)
- Frisco's
- Dinosaur Park
- Pump It Up!
- Finally saw a Ryan Harkrider show (which was awesome)
- Went to Chi Trang's new property
- Rode on the back of a scooter
- Morgan's Wonderland
- Learned to make jitterbugs and bottle rockets
- The Wet Whistle
- The Tesano/Spencer's :) and their pool!
- Newer (douchier?) parts of Rainey that included: Icenhauer's, Clive, Black Heart
- Tam's Deli (hello, why so long?!)
- Crowe's Nest Farms
- Bennu Coffee
- Walks off Kinney Ave.
- Blue Dahlia Bistro
- Taking a group of 5th graders on a field trip to Volente Beach
- Buenos Aires Cafe
- Torchy's Queso for the first time ever
- Violet Crown Social Club
- The Grackle
- Some weird club I went with Tiffany to for drinks. Weird. Weird. Weird.
- Sneaking into the Oakwood Cemetery at 3 am to observe a meteor shower and SEEING A SHOOTING STAR!
* Tiffany, Jake, Jeff, Megan, Tim, Robin, Eric, Rachel E., Colleen, Bonesaw, Tucker, Hollie, Chris, Tati, Marc
Summer is coming to an end and I will soon be starting my new job--MY NEW CAREER. What what????
Wow, you make me want to LIVE in Austin! One day.... I hope. :) Sounds like you had a fantastic summer.
ReplyDelete