Friday, January 7, 2011

Jennifer, Allison, Phillipa, Sue, Deborah, Annabelle too

Oh The Beautiful South.

I forgot constantly how much I love you. It's like, I know I love you, and then I take you for granted and skip your songs when they come on. But then... one day, I hear your voice, Paul, at JUST THE RIGHT TIME, and I fall in love all over again.

Today's progression in me finding them is fairly short.

I was researching this dude named Darden Smith. He's a Singer-Songwriter who also runs workshops on writing music and being creative and yada yada blah. He's coming to our school to talk to our students, and I was researching him because I need to find out more about him so I can tell our kids who he is. In his biography, it mentioned that he did a cover of "Everybody's Talking." The song seemed familiar. I knew TBS had done it before, and it's one of those songs that for whatever reason, I seem to skip. I thought it'd be pretty cool if he did a cover of their song. Instead it was original done by Fred Neil, and I guess TBS covered it. Anyway, as per usual with youtube, I did a few more clicks and I heard Dave Hemingway and Paul Heaton singing "Song for Whoever" and literally wanted to cry.

There's just something about that song. About their voices... I love it.

1 comment: