Daniel Pinkston came downtown... so that was interesting. It was nice seeing him, seeing as how I probably haven't seen him since the Spring '06 show.
Brandon & Natalie were in town! I let them stay at my apartment since Natalie's friends were already a pretty big party and she was hesitant to ask the person they were staying with to let Brandon stay too. It was overall a really good Friday night!
Saturday morning I woke up and made cupcakes and then the four of us (me, Thomas, Brandon & Natalie) met up Mr., Buddy & JJ for lunch at Trudy's. Then T and I headed off to College Station to see Katie. I wanted to visit her this weekend since she just had a birthday and I haven't yet visited her at her apartment. I really like her place--it's super cute! We went to eat Pho and Rachel joined us for a bit. I felt bad because I was really looking forward to having brunch on Sunday morning with her, but our plans changed a bit and we only got to hang with her Saturday night! I'm glad she was able to see me at all though!
Anyway, Thomas and I watched the beginning of the Texas vs. Tech game while I iced Katie's cupcakes... but then... Katie took her temperature and it seems she had a fever. Long story short, she needed to go to the ER to make sure it wasn't a very severe fever and that's where we spent most of our College Station Saturday night. I didn't mind though. I was still getting to spend time with them, albeit in a waiting room watching old Tom Cruise (pre-crazy) movies. Mission Impossible (The first one) and Minority Report. There were douchey mcdouchebag Aggies in the ER, but whatever, one would expect that on game night.
Then we went back to Katie's and hung out until I eventually passed out.
This morning we woke up a little before 10 and hit the road. It's Derek's bday and Thomas wanted to be sure to be back in Dallas in time for dinner.
Overall, great weekend. I'm now watching LOTR Two Towers and making lasagna (... I'm being very loose with ther term 'making') for Johnny & myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment