Friday, February 27, 2009

The Call

In life, you get a lot of different calls. Telephone calls are the most common. There's "the call" to some higher being that some people have gotten. I think I felt that call a few times when I was in YAC back in high school. I remember going to the retreats and you can't help but feel something calling you. I hate Christian music. I like regular music that can be viewed as having Christian undertones. Sufjan Stevens is fine with me--cause it's not outright religious to me.

But Christian Rock bands make me want to throw up. I was just watching the Seinfeld episode when Elaine borrows Puddy's car and finds out that all of his stations are preset to Christian Rock. When she brings it up, she finds out he's fairly religious, but isn't bothered by the fact that she's not because he's "not the one going to Hell." We'll save that for another time. Let's just say I, too, was grossed out by Puddy's choice of music.

The point of this post, however, was not to discuss that particular call. It's to discuss the wake up call I recently got. Or rather, a retro-wake up call. And it's to thank him for letting me back into his life. I've felt resentment towards those friends that have strayed from my life. Some I openly welcome back in without even a moment's hesitation--like nothing ever happened. Others, I'll let back in, but I don't think ever to the degree that they were before. And it saddens me to think that.

But that's just life. And that's the way life, I guess, will always be. I just wanted to say that the friends I have now are truly great friends. They've stuck with me for years. They love me for who I am. They love me for who I am despite the things they've learned about me (I hope).

Onto other things--

I dreamt last night about random weird things. The part that sticks out the most is when I went to what was apparently Anne's family. They were sitting and having dinner, and there was a little boy (who I guess was supposed to be a boy version of Lucy?) He didn't remember me. And I starting sobbing. I mean--bawling and sobbing. It hurt. It's one of those pains that stays with you when you wake up from your dream clutching your chest.

I need to go visit all of them in Corpus.

No comments:

Post a Comment